Book any of our “Circuits” (Each of our 12 Circuits run on weekly departures),”Escorted tours” or any “FIT” (Tailor made) program longer than 16 days duration and get a choice of up to 3 selected Authentic Local Experiences in Latin America, valued at $500 per person, free of charge.
Each of these unique tours will give your clients the opportunity to feel like a true local; to cook like a local, dance like a local, or eat like a local.
A maximum of 3 Authentic Local Experiences can be booked for each client, and only 1 experience per participating city.
*This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other special or promotion offered by SATO.
►Rio By Night at Rio Scenarium – Seat in coach◄
This trendy area is located in the heart of the city center. Rio Scenarium , an old and charming space, is an eclectic mixture of antique shop and show house. This three-floor house is home to a collection of furniture and antiques turned into a works of art. It now serves as a place of delightful food and music.
And to enjoy it all, you do not have to face queue. With ticket included in the package, you will enter directly in this traditional venue in Lapa.
The antique aspects of the house coincides harmoniously with the modern and comfortable vibe you get as you walk into this place which is listed by The Guardian’s as one of the world’s ten best bars.
The informal atmosphere is meant to be enjoyed with some of Brazil´s most famous and popular singers.
• Shows with live brazilian bands
• A privileged space for samba, MPB, choro and gafieira at Rio´s night
• Exhibition of antique furniture and objects from ancient Rio
Discover the neighborhood of Lapa
►Half Day Tour To Barranco District By Bike In Lima (Tasting Delicious Snacks) – Seat in coach◄
In this tour you will visit the traditional district of Barranco by bike and also have a gastronomic experience learning about the flavors, colors, aromas and stories behind our renowned cuisine. In this case you will visit small typical limean restaurants that also called Huariques and have the opportunity to try delicious snacks.
This excursion includes:
– 1 bottle of water, Audio Receptor, Bike for each passenger, Security equipment, Security Guide / Cuisine guide.
►Cooking Classes In Lima – Private Service◄
This activity is for Peruvian Gastronomy lovers that search new ways for preparing traditional dishes. You will be able to have fun making magic in the kitchen.
1st course: Causa Rellena Layers of cooked, mashed yellow potatoes filled with a variety of vegetables (avocado, onions, choclo and chili) and
fish (tuna, shellfish) or chicken.
2nd course: Ceviche (Ceviche variation for 2nd time visitors) Fresh, raw, white fish filet cut into bite-size pieces, marinated and “cooked” in lime juice and seasoned with Peruvian chili peppers, onions and salt.
3rd course: Lomo Saltado Sliced beef stir stir-fried with red onions, tomatoes, yellow Peruvian chilies (aji amarillo), soy sauce, vinegar and cilantro. Mixed with French fries and served with rice
4th course: Picarones Traditional dessert made of sweet potato Frequency: Monday to Saturday, Sunday lunch.
Closed Sunday afternoon/evening – Schedule:Starts: 11am or 4pm, Ends: Around 2:15pm or 7:15pm
►Culinary Session With A Local Family In Cuzco – Private Service◄
You will be transferred to the local market of San Pedro, where you will find diverse local products such as different varieties of potatoes, corn, peppers, fruits, spices, among others.
Then you will be transferred to the home of a local family, where you will learn how to cook three typical dishes and then enjoy a nice lunch.
►Full Day Tour: Valparaiso & Emiliana Vineyard , Incl Wine Tasting – Seat in coach◄
* SIB: Operates Sep 25 to Feb 28 Tue, Thu and Sat
We departure from your hotel towards Casablanca Valley, located just 80km from Santiago and 41km from Valparaiso and known mainly by the great production of white wine Sauvignon Blanc, among others.
We will visit Emiliana Vineyard, which is characterized by producing only organic and biodynamic wines, that helps preserve the natural life balance and the environment. This results in healthier, unique and better quality wines.
After the tour and tasting at Emiliana, we will continue to Valparaiso (Main port of Chile), declared a Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO, due to its colorful constructions decorating the hillsides providing the city a characteristic architecture and unique identity. Here we will visit the main highlights of the city.
In the afternoon return to Santiago.
►Half Day Walking Guachaca Tour in Santiago of Chile – Private Service◄
Walk through the Patronato Neighbourhood with stops in Korean immigrant areas and the Middle East.
An exquisite sopaipilla in the big market of fruits and vegetables called LA VEGA, one of the biggest in Chile, with over 1,000 stalls to choose from.
Know a famous drink that actually was inspired by the Chilean earthquake, will leave you shaking. It is the popular Earthquake, preparation that left a bit dizzy the renowned chef Anthony Bourdain when he visited Chile with his program Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.
Explore the center of Santiago with stops at the Central Market and Plaza de Armas.
This tour guarantees to show you the real Chile and his people. We’re not talking about supermarkets and tourist bars, but markets and popular bars in the capital as the famous and popular “The Piojera “. You will walk through hallways filled with sellers while agitating the air with their cries , disclose their low prices and best products such as avocados , strawberries , apples , tomatoes , fish , seafood and more.
The coffee tasting will be with legs. You will discover a great Chilean invention: Coffee with legs, where it will be difficult for you to keep up with so many beauties around you. However, if the earthquakes and coffee are not your thing, we will gladly offer a soft drink or a refreshing fresh fruit juice.
Includes: 01 Sopaipilla, 01 mote con huesillo, 01 Pisco Sour, 01 empanada & 01 coffee
►The Argentine Experience Dinner In Buenos Aires – Seat in coach◄
The Argentine Experience is designed to give you an introduction to the best of Argentine cuisine and culture. This is NOT a cooking class, but a fun and unique experience, where you will meet and dine with people from all over the world.
Our international team of guides are on hand to spoil you and take you through every step of this culinary journey:
1. Choose from our gourmet fillings and create your own empanada learning the traditional ‘repulgue’ technique.
2. Later, use your imagination in Argentina’s first and only novelty empanada competition. Alongside your creations, enjoy grilled provoleta cheese with sliced chorizo sausage, and our homemade chimichurri
3. Enjoy what many are claiming to be the very best steak in Argentina, cooked to order and accompanied with velvety mash potatoes and oven roasted vegetables. Our top of the line thick cut fillet steaks have a unique 24 hour preparation method that sets us apart from the rest. Vegetarian, pescetarian and celiac options are available on request.
4. We have chosen 1 Torrontes and 2 distinct Malbec wines, from boutique wineries in Mendoza, paired to complement our food. Learn about and enjoy unlimited wine throughout the dinner. White wine is also available on request. To upgrade your wine experience, join our Wine Cocktail Mixology and Aroma Class before dinner.
5. Learn how to communicate like a true argentine with our classic hand gesture class.
6. For desert make your own alfajores, Argentina’s national sweet, where biscuits, dulce de leche, melted chocolate fondue and coconut shavings combine to delight the senses
7. 7. Finally, get taught about the history and etiquette of mate, Argentina’s national pastime, and prepare it from scratch among yourselves.
►Tango as a Local at Salon Canning In Buenos Aires – Seat in coach◄
Tango as a Local – experience the real sensation of the tango at Salon Canning Milonga house. Milonga is the traditional dance that the locals dance to, where the tango stems from. Learn how to dance this seductive dance whilst enjoying local empanadas (beef turnovers).
Duration: 4 hours